Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jpj408
Reel Rookie

Can’t log in to Roku app on Fire 10 tablet

I recently downloaded the Roku app onto my fire 10 tablet. Every time I try to log in it say the user name/password are incorrect. But I can log in on other devices? Any ideas what’s going on?

8 REPLIES 8
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t log in to Roku app on Fire 10 tablet

There was a version not too long ago that Roku broke the iOS app, and I think the same thing happened with the Android app. They did get it resolved after a bit of time, but it sounds like it they broke it again. 

Also, are you absolutely certain you have the official Roku app? At least on iOS there are apps that appear to be "the" Roku app but are actually from other developers and they try to get you to pay for something that Roku offers for free.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BruceHM

I have the same problem and I am certain I have the Roku app on my tablet. I can log on with all other devices.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BruceHM @Jpj408 

Welcome and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with the Roku app unable to log in. We'd like to take a closer look into this issue and also need your help. To better understand, please share with us the details below.

• Tablet software version
  • Roku Mobile App software version (this can be found by navigating to Account>>Help & About)

This will help our team look into this further once we have it available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TahoeJohnnyG
Reel Rookie

Screenshot_20240317-132542_kindlephoto-1415637339.png

0 Kudos
Jpj408
Reel Rookie

I have a Fire 10 HD  11th Gen,  running FIRE OS 7.3.2.9
Whenever I try to log in I get “the email address or password provided does not match our records.” I can log in on any other device or tv without any problems…
Fire does Kindle does not offer a Roku app, so I had to install the google play store and download it from there…
0 Kudos
Jpj408
Reel Rookie

I have a Fire 10 HD  11th Gen,  running FIRE OS 7.3.2.9
Whenever I try to log in I get “the email address or password provided does not match our records.” I can log in on any other device or tv without any problems…
Fire does Kindle does not offer a Roku app, so I had to install the google play store and download it from there…
0 Kudos
TahoeJohnnyG
Reel Rookie

I also converted my Fire 10 to regular Android and installed Roku app via play store.  It opens, but Roku won't accept my log in credentials.

All other Play Store apps work fine on the tablet.  And yes, I confirmed log in and reinstalled Roku app.  

Pedmom

What is the answer to this. I have the same issue and it's extremely frustrating. Keeps telling me my login or password wrong when they are not. I downloaded the Google play store and then download the Roku channel app made sure I have the right official version. Still can't get in. Fire HP 10/11 generation. Bill number 0030099375236

0 Kudos