Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote not holding charge

hello my voice remote pro is not holding a charge ,its not getting anything ..i bought this remote last year ,use the original cord of roku remote to charge ,uses different cord still not working ..there is blinking green everytime i put on charge but its not holding any charge ..model RC701 serial number 3226001117

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: remote not holding charge

Hello! @diannamurphy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

How long have you been using this remote? For additional help solving an issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro or one of its features, refer to the detailed article: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marklar47
Reel Rookie

My voice remote won’t charge above 9% and constantly unpairs with my tv. I’ve tried various plugs and cables and nothing fixes it. 
model: 3821X
SN: X01700KUFH1G

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marklar47!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku Voice Remote Pro not charging, and the troubleshooting attempted is appreciated.

We highly recommend performing a hard reset to see if that makes a difference. Please follow the steps below:

1. Plug the remote into power.
  2. Hold down the pairing button for 20 seconds (while holding down, the remote light will start to flash. Keep holding, and at the 20-second mark, the light will turn off. The remote will then restart)

Once the reset is complete, kindly attempt to repair your remote again. If you need more details on repairing your remote, please visit our support page by clicking the link: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote. 

Please keep us posted on the progress.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marklar47
Reel Rookie

I tried this several times and it did not improve anything. Remote still won’t charge. 

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marklar47,

We see that you're having trouble with the chargeable Roku remote. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are more than happy to assist you further with this issue with the remote.

Please check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos