Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
classintr

New Voice Remote won't work over WiFi Roku Premier

Jump to solution

We have the remote that came with the premier +, it's falling apart so we got a new remote, one of the voice ones. We got it to pair with th Roku and used the old remote for backup since it's not that great anymore. I installed a new modem the other day and when I went into the Roku network settings to change to the new one I connected but the remote stopped working. Roku said it was the remote and sent a new one but it's doing the same thing. I have tried both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks and it's the same thing, the remote barely works. I have only got them to pair when I do a network reset on the Roku, it resets and powers on and I can pair them. As soon as I connect the Roku to our network they stop working correctly or don't work at all. I have tried different wifi channels, I have tried taking out the batteries, factory reset, every troubleshooting method yielded nothing. Getting fed up at this point. I have a feeling it's the new modem because that's when everything stopped working. I can now only use the old busted up remote and have 2 brand new voice remotes sitting around not working. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm at my wits end here and Roku is of no help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Voice Remote won't work over WiFi Roku Premier

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @classintr!

We appreciate you for providing us with precise information about your concern and we'd be glad to find you the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku Voice remotes again.

In this case, we highly recommend pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it manually. After doing so, kindly re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

In the meantime, you can install the Roku Mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It works well with your Roku Premiere+ and has a private listening feature.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Voice Remote won't work over WiFi Roku Premier

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @classintr!

We appreciate you for providing us with precise information about your concern and we'd be glad to find you the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku Voice remotes again.

In this case, we highly recommend pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it manually. After doing so, kindly re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

In the meantime, you can install the Roku Mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It works well with your Roku Premiere+ and has a private listening feature.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos