Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kramp

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

I am having the same issue with our remote (for #Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series) draining batteries within a few days.  What is causing this?  My older remotes do not have this issue.  Please help us fix this issue.

NC1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine is still draining batteries every few days.  I contacted customer support a few weeks ago with model and serial number for a replacement but have yet to receive it.  The price of batteries is really starting to ad up.

0 Kudos
Confused22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How did you contact customer service for this? I tried and it kept sending me too this community board.

@NC1 wrote:

Mine is still draining batteries every few days.  I contacted customer support a few weeks ago with model and serial number for a replacement but have yet to receive it.  The price of batteries is really starting to ad up.

How did you get ahold of customer service regarding this issue. I tried multiple times and it never went through.

0 Kudos
NC1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I responded to one of the mods up top asking for credentials, serial #, etc..

DeeZee74
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have dm'd Danny the moderator multiple times and the issue has not been resolved. What I'm about to do is find a legitimate contact for Roku customer service without going through this forum. If one of you finds it first please let us know!

NC1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I messaged him then he referenced me to another person and they assured a replacement remote would be sent out to solve the issue but I never received it. 

If you here anything, please post results. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
TomBagley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Powering it through a wall outlet does not fix the issue. Please replace my defective remote.

0 Kudos
PartridgeFamily
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here's the advice I got from a Roku engineer recently. It seems to have worked. Battery level dropped only 1% 12 hours after implementing it:

Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart

After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About.

Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Success seems to vary from user to user. For me, I performed the update, but left the stick plugged in via the wall charger, and still saw a drop of 10% battery level overnight (while the stick was unused). So something is still not working for me, and apparently some others.

0 Kudos
TheNewEnglander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does this mean they have a fix in new firmware?

0 Kudos