Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NC1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

A 1% drop within 12 hours is still pretty bad but I guess would be better. Unreal the lack of support on this issue and to be promised a new remote but never receive. 

0 Kudos
TheNewEnglander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thats awful, I managed to achieve 0% loss between use.... by always removing the batteries 🤦‍♂️
Class action if this isnt “Fixed” soon!! 
there is a warranty on mine as its new and they arent even acknowledging the warranty ATM 🤦‍♂️
Seems like todays R&D is the customer base and these companies are providing DIY and other hinky solutions!

0 Kudos
Civilitee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried a factory reset of my remote (not the stick).  So far the battery seems to be holding its power for a few days.  You all may gain more traction if you file a complaint against Roku with the Better Business Bureau.  Here is the link:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-gatos/profile/wholesale-electronic-supplies/roku-inc-1216-223541

0 Kudos
NC1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Done. 

0 Kudos
Kahuna4284
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So, I see all these posts about the remotes eating batteries. What is Roku doing about this problem? Can’t submit a ticket or contact Roku. What kind of company does this? Help...Please?

Kahuna4284
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Rokus(2) recently bought both go thru batteries every couple days. My Roku serial numbers 3930x. Does Roku ever address this obvious problem? Company doesn’t stand behind its products. Good at selling them. 

Kahuna4284
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Rokus(2) recently bought both go thru batteries every couple days. My Roku serial numbers 3930x. Does Roku ever help you ? Good at selling it’s products, that is we’re it ends.

Psychodjuggalo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ive been using this for my son 2 day a week for 3 weeks only few hrs a day and every week a new pair of batteries have to be put in. Sometimes it will turn on but do nothing after till a new pair is put into it. This is definitely the remote. I have tv. Stereo. Gaming remotes etc and all last longer and used way more then this remote issue on the voice controlled remote. Something should be done asap

0 Kudos
Civilitee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You all may gain more traction if you file a complaint against Roku with the Better Business Bureau.  Here is the link:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-gatos/profile/wholesale-electronic-supplies/roku-inc-1216-223541

NC1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I received my remote yesterday and did the system restart and it is still at 100%. I will monitor and report back as needed. 

Thanks Roku for sending the remote replacement and instructions on the restart. Really appreciate it. Hope this fixes the issue. 

0 Kudos