Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmanuele
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

ROKU replaced my remote (Kudos to them !!), but it is an enhanced voice remote using AA batteries, rather than the AAA in my previous. Thicker and heavier -- not a problem, just an observation.

I just enabled/linked it, so we will see how long these batteries last.

0 Kudos
MattyJoJo
Reel Rookie

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

Jump to solution

On my second set of batteries for the remote within a week. Never even turned on this TV this week. Just tried to and it won't work. New batteries solved it. At this point I'm going to have to remove batteries after each use because apparently the remote just stays on and eats them if you don't.

0 Kudos
Cmanzalez

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. I go through a pair of batteries every week! 

Roku Model: 3810X

Serial Number: YH00DH191580

Remote Model: RC490

I have switched the Roku to plug into AC outlet from wall directly and have updated the system but unfortunately still no improvement in battery life. 

-Carmen

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Leselkins @Cmanzalez

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Griff180
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has anyone ever gotten an answer or fix for this.....cmon support team you have to do better!

0 Kudos
MSP1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, 

Can you please help? I’m having the same issue as the thousands and thousands of other users who have posted here - batteries drain far too fast. I have restarted my system, plugged into the wall, re-paired my remote, etc. etc. Nothing seems to fix this issue. I have a Roku 3810X as well. 

Another thing… since I have read all 23 pages of comments on this thread, and it seems that most people are being contacted by Customer Service via email - and I’m assuming that they are addressing their problem - why not post the solution HERE in this thread. That would be a big help. If they aren’t fixing their problem, that needs to be posted here as well. 

Thanks for your assistance. 

0 Kudos
Bleonard36610
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 55" TV Remote is also going through batteries every 2 weeks.  I have been removing the batteries after each use, but it's a pain.  Do I need to send you my serial number?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MSP1

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Firstly, please be advised that escalating the issue to our Support team is requisite since only they have the ability to take further steps in resolving the issue with remote rapid battery drain.

Regarding your concern, please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Bleonard36610

I hope you're doing well.

Please be aware that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend contacting the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MSP1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kazira, 

Thank you for your reply and assistance. Here is the info you requested:

Roku device model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial number: YH00FG854511
Device ID: 21307F854511
Software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

There are no steps to reproduce this issue - the battery is draining very quickly, lasting about 1 week. I have restarted the system, reset/repaired the remote, powered the device both off the TV as well as via AC via the wall. Nothing seems to impact this issue. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos