Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monty2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Draining batteries every other day here

Model: 3810x - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number: YH0011949066

software ver: 10.0.0. Build 4209-50

0 Kudos
Monty2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After looking around, it appears these responses from Roku have been generic “our engineering department is looking into it” for almost a year.  Other forum threads indicate numerous issues with remotes as well, like the pairing issue I’m having with another Stick. When I purchased this unit, the batteries lasted months, this is obviously the result of a software change that roku has made within the last year.  I truely enjoy these devices and just want them to work as designed.  With the issues being so rampant across multiple Roku device lines, I’m curious if anyone has thought about a class action suit to force resolution or compensation for users that are affected?

Aboswell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Our 2 roku express+. Remotes are draining batteries constantly as well. When I went for agent support, it says it’s not available. 

X004004J3XRY
X004004RLU00
These are the serial numbers. 
thanks 
0 Kudos
Tracer07

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Model No. RC-AL8 Voice Remote, Serial No. 253998816995.  Have you found a solution for the battery problem?  Thanks.  [personal information removed]

Walker34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has there been a solution?  I am now going through a new set of batteries every 3 days.  Very frustrating!  Roku premier plugged into a wall outlet.

Aboswell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, I’m still waiting for a reply from someone from Roku support. It’s so frustrating! 

MeliP
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How exactly do you do that? The stick plugs into the USB port in the TV the other end plugs into the wall outlet already.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Batteries Die every 2 weeks on Roku Remotes

Jump to solution

Hi @Ltwolf,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the remote issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
khkim18
Reel Rookie

Re: New Batteries Die every 2 weeks on Roku Remotes

Jump to solution

I'm also having the same issue.  Replaced two sets of batteries in 2 weeks now.  Why????

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Monty2 @Tracer07 @Aboswell,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Sincerely,
Mary

0 Kudos