Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cnl5031
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi- I am having the same problem. Remote is dying every three days or so. Is there someone I can speak to about this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Nziemann
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same. I updated everything per suggestion and I’m tearing through even nice Duracell’s in less than a week with limited use. Plugged into wall, USB port, etc. any help would be much appreciated 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue. I had this tv less then a year and have used several packs of batteries. Can someone help me with the issue?

0 Kudos
Leselkins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Brief note to y'all: I posted here weeks ago. Support reached out and sent me a new remote. In the meantime.... it sure seems like my current remote is not burning batteries like it did. Was there a software update or something?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For further assistance, please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
userfred
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Brand new long life batteries last less than a week, device only in use an hour or two a day. Require fix of some sort or refund.

Info: remote: fw version rtn.4120 name voice remote model rc402

Device: 3810EU sn YH0004195632 sw version 10.0.0 device id 235090195632

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku device model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
-Serial number YH006V282373
-Device ID 213136282373
-Software OS/version 10.0.0 Build 4209-50
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Install batteries, use it to turn it on, watch a show, turn it off, wait a week and the batteries are dead! That means we only used it one and the batteries were dead. This is repeatable.

The stick is plugged into an outlet.

0 Kudos
Bleonard36610
Reel Rookie

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

Jump to solution

I have had a TCL Roku TV for a number of years and it's still on the original batteries it came with.   I bought a Hisense Roku TV a few months ago and it went through batteries every 2 weeks!

I needed another TV for our porch, so I bought another TCL.  I have been using the TCL remote for my Hisense and no issues with the batteries in this remote.

I just bought another TCL Roku remote on e-Bay for $10!  Not going to use the Hisense remote again.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

Jump to solution

@userfred @cgiqwgvsziy

Thanks for the information.

For Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810, we've released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KurtNusbaum
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same remote problem:

-Roku device model: 3810x
-Serial number: yhooha045426