Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bri9
Reel Rookie

Volume button will not move up or down

The volume button feels completely stuck, it is not movable up or down. What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume button will not move up or down

Hi @Bri9,

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Can you specify which Roku remote this is? Also, is the volume button the only button that is not working?

Alternatively, you can try to utilize our Roku app remote feature by downloading the app on your mobile device and connecting it to the same network as your Roku device in the meantime.

Please keep us in the loop.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bri9
Reel Rookie

I have a voice remote that came with the Roku Ultra.

The voice does not lower or raise the volume either when I ask it to.

All the other buttons work on it.

It is connected to IR it says, I tried connecting it to CEC as recommended but it would not connect to my LG tv.

I have the ROKU app but do not see any option for the volume on the app I downloaded.

Any suggestions what I can do, without buying another remote? 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

How are things? @Bri9,

The Roku mobile app is a free application for iOS and Android devices that can be used with any Roku streaming player or TV. Not only does it let you use your voice to speak commands, but you can also stream content directly from The Roku Channel, share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen to movies and shows privately on your headphones, discover new content to watch, and more, all from your smartphone.  

After downloading and installing the Roku mobile app, you can use voice commands by accessing the Remote screen or going directly to Search using the instructions below.

Remote screen

1. Tap Remote remote icon on Roku mobile app from the bottom navigation bar
  2. Tap the Voice button microphone icon on Roku mobile app on the bottom of the screen

Search

1. Tap the Search box magnifying glass icon on Roku mobile app from the top navigation bar
  2. Tap the Voice icon microphone icon on Roku mobile app in the search box

Speak into your mobile device at a normal volume, and then tap the middle of the screen when finished speaking or wait a moment.

After your query is processed, the mobile app will complete your request, either presenting you with a list of search results on your mobile device or updating your Roku streaming device.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos