Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Command not working

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We can see that you're having some trouble with the Roku voice command feature, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. Let us know if the problem still occurs when using the voice feature with the Roku mobile app you can refer to our support page here on how to use the Roku mobile app to control your streaming device, and be sure to provide us with the details when you get back to us.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Roku remote model.

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sundial5924
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Voice Remote Mic not working

Jump to solution

Hi, I had posted this earlier in the thread however there was not any response.  Please advise, thank you.

"If I use the smart phone app for the microphone feature does that cancel the pairing of the physical remote that came with the streaming device.  Also, using my phone implies battery use and I really did not want to take that option.

Please advise a solution to my problem.  It appears another user had posted the same problem as I on this post string.  Thank you."

0 Kudos
EllisDen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The mobile app voice command is working. It is an issue with the voice remote.

device model - TCL 43S425

serial number - X000006M6P9T

device ID - S038T05M6P9T

software OS/version - 13.0.0 - Build 25062-93

Tracker ID - ID 9T-263-228

VOICE REMOTE INFO

NAME - VOICE REMOTE PRO

MODEL - RC701

FIRMWARE - RTN.4246

VOICE CAPTURE FW - EN-US, 0024

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Mic not working

Jump to solution

Hi, @sundial5924.

Thanks for getting back. 

If you use the Roku mobile app instead of your physical remote to access the voice command feature, be assured that this will not unpair your physical Roku remote.

Also, it seems like I have already contacted you via PM to gather further details about this. Kindly check your inbox here for additional support. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
spring1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wasn't clear then, I'm only speaking about voice command On the REMOTE

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for providing us with the requested details, @EllisDen.

Rest assured that your device is included in the ongoing investigation. In the meantime, I will coordinate this with the team for additional reinforcement. With this, I will send you a Private Message for further assistance. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
capone20

Re: Voice remote Pro Mic not working

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with the voice remote, It worked fine until the last update

0 Kudos
EllisDen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have not received a private message from you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote Pro Mic not working

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @capone20!

Thank you for reporting. We'd be happy to investigate your concern and help you find the best resolution so you can use your Roku remote again. 

If you are having the same issue as posted above and confirmed it is happening on a Roku Voice Remote Pro, kindly provide us the details requested by @RokuERey above. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @EllisDen.

Thanks for letting me know and apologies for the inconvenience. I will send you another private message immediately. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.