Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badtvexperience
Binge Watcher

Unnecessary Image on Remote App

Why is there a basketball court on THE REMOTE APP???? Why can't you people just leave the remote app alone???? It's the best thing you have.

It's bad enough that you do unnecessary things to our TV experience like add the Movies and Browse to the Home Screen that NO ONE asked for. It is in the way and annoying just like the totally UNNECESSARY basketball court image on the remote app that looks like a glitch you can't fix.

The remote was the only thing Roku had that was worth bragging about, until that.

This Christmas, a new NON-Roku TV.
8 REPLIES 8
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unnecessary Image on Remote App

Hi @badtvexperience,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

We see that you're seeing some changes on the Roku Mobile App and we appreciate your feedback about this. We'll make sure that this gets to the concerned team in hand for further review.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PE24

I agree. Not a sports fan and the "featured" icon and basketball court image on remote app is seriously irritating.

Oh I was stuck on this image too,  kept trying to play it like a pinball machine looking for the ball to dunk into the basket and the arrows are like the flippers to hit the balls, then I just realized I needed another beer..

but ya team let’s lose the change and stick with what we know.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I'll add that it just seems stupid. If this was during the playoffs, it might make a bit of sense. But around Christmas?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing your suggestions, and we value your feedback. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.
Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input. This has been noted, and if you need anything else, please let us know.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rchecker

iOS app remote screen background bug. See attached image Screenshot  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku iOS app remote screen

Hi @rchecker,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and we value your feedback as our valued customer. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

PLEASE FIX THIS! It was annoying, but it just got REALLY ANNOYING! I didn’t ask for Taylor Swift or a basketball to be on the background of my app and that’s just been in the last week! Can you just leave it be. There was nothing wrong with a plain black background. Have the stupid featured button that people can click on, that’s fine, but when you start messing with backgrounds it gets irritating!