Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I just connected to my cell phone hotspot, run a System Update, then tried to setup my remote for TV control and still no luck.

Samsung UN22F5000AF

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Danny

that can’t work if our TV brands  aren’t recognized 

for me it seems this happened only with Roku’s newer devices - the others that I own are thankful still operating ( also as you know, all this happened after software update to 10.0 and not corrected with 10.5)

0 Kudos
Autumnrain78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Remote won’t connect to element tv. Tried several times including restarting etc. Can you please help, or does it not pair with this TV type 

0 Kudos
BoyMom1602
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Are you getting the option to pick the brand Element and try the codes? If yes then try going up directly to your tv sensor and pointing the Roku remote at it when you run the codes, for some reason my remote would only pair when I did that after trying many other things.

0 Kudos
Autumnrain78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@BoyMom1602 Yes I have that option, I will try getting closer to see if that work. If it doesn’t then I’ll just have to settle for using two remotes. I’ve tried everything else. 

0 Kudos
elguezio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku support says a fix is coming in an upcoming OS update

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

We’ll, we’ve heard that before - at least twice. I’ll believe it when my remote works again. 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sorry to say you’re probably correct.

Roku IT folk never addressed why some of our TVs are no longer recognized, that’s something that not even a new roku device will correct, I tried and returned it. 
I will not buy new tv in order to use a roku device.

It’s  been nearly a year and they haven’t a clue. Thankfully only 1 of my 6 active devices/TVs  was “infected” 

As the devices deteriorate I’ll have to look at other brands for replacement 

I just don’t have the same brand locality as I did

(if roku can’t help with the problem they caused no one can)

romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Recently I lost controlling of the volume from the control. There had been no software updates since December 2021. I tried to reset my control and went through the process of trying to pick a tv that matched my Samsung unsuccessful (the process where Roku plays music and asks you if you still can hear the music). That didn't work.

I tried to delete my paired remote but didn't have the option to delete, so I "re-paired" the same remote. Roku went through the process of trying to pick a tv that matched my Samsung (the process where Roku plays music and asks you if you still can hear the music, similar to what I tried before). This time, when it asked me if the music stopped I clicked "Yes" and voila! My volume on the remote was working again.

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just to clarify, you responded yes, that the music had stopped, even though it had not?  Then your remote controlled volume again?  What about TV power on/off - did that also work again?

0 Kudos