Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Boymom1602

same thing happened with me both were Vizio TVs and a new Roku device does not correct anything

Since the Roku techs can’t fix this ( for me since mid May 2021 we have no options other than to look into other companies devices ie: googles, Amazon fire stick, and what streaming channels that can be directly loaded on to a Smart TV

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

jcnickell

thx for your update several of us we can no longer pair our remotes to TV because our tv brands are no longer recognized for me, so far, are my Vizios

Tvhelp

Jump to solution

My power button and volume button work But NOTHING else works on my remote.  When I use the Roku remote to turn the TV on it takes me to Roku Home Screen.  But I can’t do anything from there because the buttons to scroll no longer work!  It just happened.  Just before happening I added a new tv with a new Roku to the 2 I already had.  

MarkeithaC

Jump to solution

Model:4662RW- Roku Ultra LT

Serial number: YJ000X650728 (046070650728)

software version: 10.5.0 build 4208-46

timestamp:2022-01-30T19:41:54Z 

issue ID-28-042-941 

dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello fellow Roku Community! In April I began to have problems with the volume on my Roku device. I reported the problem to this group and a Roku monitor suggested that I should probably buy a new device. I did and my new device not only could not control the volume, it would not turn my TV on or off. I reported this again and I was asked by the monitor to submit a list of information about my set up, serial number, model, ad nauseum. Then Roku did another update and the result of this was that my TV would freeze, kick me off the channel I was watching but sometimes even turned off the TV. Even better. After NINE MONTHS there has been a very small improvement in that now I can control the volume but with manually having to unplug the device or the TV to affect the on and off controls and the freezing I finally gave up and yesterday uninstalled Roku and installed a FIRE STICK and guess what: my system is operating as it should. It's perfect now. So as a friendly warning to anyone who reads this I can truly say the Roku has sold me a defective device and in nine months has not been able to correct these problems. Roku does not support a Customer Service Dept. I guess they think that the Roku community can assist each other to find solutions but WE DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO OVERCOME YOUR **bleep** PRODUCT AND YOUR INABILITY TO FIX THESE ISSUES. I will NEVER purchase another ROKU product! I will never buy again from a company that does not have live customer support and CAN'T GET IT'S ACT TOGETHER. Roku sells the **bleep** out of their product but they DO NOT STAND BEHIIND THEIR PRODUCT. Good luck Community and I hope you find resolution one way or the other but I doubt it will come from ROKU!

dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've been fighting this as long as you have. I have ZERO confidence in Roku and just yesterday installed a Fire Stick and everything is working perfectly. Roku does not care! Good luck!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Roku Model   4662RW - Ultra LT

Serial # YJ0049893817

Software Version   10.5.0  - Build 4208-46

Device ID   04084893817

TV Make:  Samsung

Model:  UN43J5200AFXZA

All solutions provided to correct the issue were unsuccessful. 

0 Kudos
Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Keep peppering them with tickets and emails!

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Ngoldstein

there could be validity to your suggestion but since last May , when I was first affected, there were a couple of Roku TVs that complained here having similar issues 

but I don’t discount your observation 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Some users have reported that they first connected their Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, then tried pairing their remote to their TV and were able to resolve the issue.

We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing. Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos