Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kthawk
Channel Surfer

Roku 4K+ remote voice does not control volume

Jump to solution

My Roku 4K plus voice remote does not control volume or muting. When I speak into the microphone, it will launch an app but it does not control increase/decrease volume or muting. I have re-paired the remote, restarted, and checked my software update. I don’t know what to do next. I have CEC-ARC Enabled on my Samsung smart TV. On top of that, the Roku remote volume buttons feel sticky and don’t always control the volume. I’m almost ready to chuck it! And add insult to injury, I have three Roku devices and I cannot get support for my newest advice. Go figure. Thanks

jvillagomez
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I did everything to try to get the volume and power buttons to work. 

I have had no luck. 

why don't they just undo the latest update. Seems to me that would be the most simplest fix. 

jvillagomez
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

yes, I think its time to move on to something else.

Jump to solution

Model 3820rw- roku streaming stick +

Serial number YH001Y456447 (225082456447)

SOFTWARE VERSION 10.5.0 BUILD 4201-50

ID 47-463-648

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The 10.5 update was finally pushed to my Roku device but guess what?  My remote still doesn't work, even though I tried both the auto and manual pairing options.  WTF??

reamorama
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Happy to report mine is back working successfully.

I updated to 10.5 and the apps that had updates available. That didn't do it fully but then I went into the controller settings and re-did the control my TV with my remote (which did not work prior when trying to fix it) and after the update - it sent a correct code and I can now control volume and power.

0 Kudos
Nwilliams

Jump to solution

Hi my remote lost all control except for the right navigate button I ended up buying a roku 4k but that doesn't even work and or help my issue now I still have a useless remote and another that I will have to return to the store. I can't navigate or do anything with it except for go right and watch netflix which leads me to believe it's not my battery but perhaps just the tv? Please help thank you

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku owe all of us for their this 

they have never zero response to this situation and they prove they don’t care

0 Kudos
Shaheer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi .the roku stick is updated with v 10.5 and the remote control is still not working . I connect ince after doing repairing and suddenly stop after use :(((((( 

0 Kudos
tosenn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same experience.  My Stick finally got the 10.5 update.  It still had the wrong brand of TV, but this time it allowed me to change the brand and then the remote programmed correctly.  Both the power and volume buttons work properly now.  Hopefully future updates don't break things again!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.