Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Streaming stick won't pair with remote

Jump to solution

I have an old roku that works with both of the Roku remotes I have. (Original ad 3500 Remote). Neither will pair/work on the 3500 Roku Stick.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dwintermeyer

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

i just fixed all the roku remotes in my house by opeing them up i will put a few diffrent videos on how to do that https://youtu.be/IUqDC6x66z8 here is this one and i will find two or one more (ALSO ALL REMOTES ARE DIFFRENT SO YOURS MAY BE DIFFRENT) https://youtu.be/SYTNMXrFnko     https://youtu.be/YMWsqOiuN-M you will also need q tips and 50% alcohol isopropyl (you can use any % this is just the one i used) 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dwintermeyer, the 3500 used its own remote which isn't available anymore.  It's really not worth searching for an old remote that works with that stick since it's no longer supported, but if you really want to, @Tivoburkee could provide some guidance of what to look for and what's compatible with what.  If the remote that came with the 3500 isn't pairing with it then perhaps the stick or its power adapter is bad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wandersen

Jump to solution

I bought a streaming stick and put it on a tv, then decided I wanted it on a different tv that same day. I reset the stick and the remote but it will not pair on this tv. I get to the screen where it tells me to push the buttons together to pair and then nothing else happens. I’ve tried it in every combination. It may think it’s on the other tv still? What can I do short of returning it?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Wandersen

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Streaming stick. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To troubleshoot the pairing issue, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Unplug the streaming stick from the TV and wait for a few seconds before plugging it back in.
  • Ensure that the TV is on the correct input for the streaming stick.
  • Try replacing the batteries in the remote with new ones, if your remote uses batteries
  • If you have a Roku Voice remote, try holding down the pairing button on the remote for 10-20 seconds to reset it.

You may also refer to this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please let us know along with the serial number of your Roku device. So we can give further assistance. 

Regards, 
Nimfa  

0 Kudos