Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuinonesN
Reel Rookie

Re: Samsung Tv won't stay off

Jump to solution

As I mentioned in my original post, this is happening on 2 separate tvs and 2 separate roku sticks. The only common thread between both of them is that they are connected via Hdmi to a bose soundbar. None of the other things that people have tried on this thread have worked. If I disconnect the soundbar then the TV doesn't turn back on, but I want to use the soundbar. This issue happened after the may 2023 update, was fine before that. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

HI @Kidoodle @QuinonesN,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this matter. No worries, we'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution for this. 

Have you tried to plug it into a different HDMI? In addition, have you tried to follow what @RokuERey suggested above? We need to ensure you've tried connecting to a different TV to see if the issue would still occur as well as the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far to resolve the issue you've been having. 

We'll be looking forward to your response, as we are committed to finding a solution to your concerns. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QuinonesN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried plugging the roku into 2 different ports.  The Bose soundbar is connected to the ARC HDMI port.  I have performed these steps on both TVs where this is happening.  As I said in all of my communication, this is happening on 2 different TVs with 2 different Roku sticks and in both cases this issue started after the May 2023 update.  My TVs are different brands, one Samsung and the other is Vizio.  Not really sure what other information you need.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.