Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkk

Roku wifi remote on TCL 4-series TV issue - jumps two or three spaces on a single press

This first starting a few months ago, but would go away, then return suddenly. Last night, it returned. I press a direction, it takes off two or three spots. I hit the back button, it acts like I did that two or three times as well (that one can get very frustrating). Nothing has changed, no new remotes or devices in the area. Restarting TV does nothing. Updates are current. Not sure how to fix this.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wifi remote on TCL 4-series TV issue - jumps two or three spaces on a single press

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community, @monkk!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've been experiencing with your TCL Roku remote. We're here to suggest troubleshooting steps to help you.

Kindly press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku wifi remote on TCL 4-series TV issue - jumps two or three spaces on a single press

@monkk-

A few months ago we had a spare of similar complaints, many of which were traced back to the then-rolling-out Roku software update.  The fix then was a full restart** of the Roku.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System".   If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in. 

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart.  Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos