Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra remote wont stop sending microphone

I have a remote that will with just sitting on the table will start sending continual microphone button presses.  The button does not appear to be stuck, and other buttons continue to work fine.  When I remove the remote from range of the Ultra device, it will stop.  So it does seem to be the remote.  Is there an issue here I can fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra remote wont stop sending microphone

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @martinav!

Thank you for raising your concern about the detection issues you've recently observed on your Roku remote and we'd be happy to suggest steps to help you troubleshoot it. 

We recommend resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this resolves this.

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
martinav
Reel Rookie

I reset it as described, and in less than a minute, it started flipping out again.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming, @martinav.

In this case, we'd be happy to coordinate this with our Support team for further clarification and assistance. With this being said, kindly check your inbox. We will send you a Private Message to gather additional personal information such as the email address associated with your Roku account and more.

In the meantime, you can use the Roku Mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with all of Roku's streaming devices and has a private listening feature. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.