Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

Jump to solution

Yes I have charged it. I have been going back and with emails from I guess customer support. Last message I got from them on October 18th they said they were sending me a new one and should arrive in 3 to 5 business days. But have yet to receive anything.  And now I have sent several messages asking what's up am I getting one or not and why would you tell me your sending one and then not. So disappointed and frustrated with the **bleep**ty customer service. now can't get a response. It hasn't worked since the day I got it.  I have tried repairing it. Resetting it. Battery is fully charged but only works if it's plugged in which is bull. And I am seriously about done with Roku. Because I will probably have to have a new remote soon and trying to get one before I HAD to have one. But afraid to even try getting another one if they are just junk and go through the same **bleep** again. 

0 Kudos
mrfunke
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku voice remote pro not working unless plugged in

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my voice remote pro. It's been working without issue for months and fully charged. The only way I can get it to control TV volume any more is plug the remote into the charging cable. Repairing the remote only fixes the problem for a few seconds, then it must be charging in order to control volume. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

Jump to solution

Hi, @Blueyes67

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. We've sent you a private message regarding your concern.

Kindly check your inbox since we've reached you there.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mrfunke

Greetings from the Roku Community.

We acknowledge and understand the problem you've encountered, and rest assured that we'll provide you with our assistance. We've sent you a private message here in the Roku Community, and we humbly ask you to check your inbox and acknowledge our message.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrfunke
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi I have replied to you in a private message with the requested information. Thank you, Mark

Jonathanguest86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found the issue with mine that was doing this...I took the remote apart because I knew it had to be battery related. Once I got it apart and checked it the ground wire [negative/black wire] was broken lose from the battery board. I very carefully resoldered it to the board with my soldering iron and wahlahhh...fixed! Hope this helps somebody. Please don't attempt if you aren't comfortable soldering because lith batteries are pretty dangerous!

Mslunecka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nobody else provides a real answer to this so I'll post an actual solution.

I had exactly the same issue with my pro remote.  It worked when plugged in but not otherwise.  The canned answer of re-pairing did nothing.  Nor did rebooting the remote.

So I opened it up and discovered one of the three wires to the battery was broken at the solder joint.

I have the tools to fix this so I used a soldering iron to reconnect the wire and the remote is fixed.

If you don't have those tools or skills the next best thing is to see if you can buy a replacement battery pack online.  Open it up, look for a part number on it and order one.

0 Kudos
kbryan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. I plug it in to the USB and it works but it flashes on screen 100% battery over and over again. I unplug it and it doesn't do anything. Is it just a battery issue? How can I replace it?

Thanks, for any help.

0 Kudos
Mslunecka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Look for one of these.  Pop the remote open, pry the battery out and replace it.  Or if yours is like mine you can potentially repair a broken wire by soldering it back on.   But if you don't have the tools or skills to do that a battery is cheaper and easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394471333328?hash=item5bd852ddd0:g:r2kAAOSw9RZj8g-G&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8P...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kbryan,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Voice Remote Pro, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have performed. No worries; help is here. Please try to plug your Roku remote into another wall outlet or try a different micro USB cable.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos