Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbryan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku voice remote pro not working unless plugged in

Jump to solution

I have tried multiple cords and outlets and bricks. All work with other devices. The thing says it's fully charged but only seems to work if it's plugged in and that's spotty too. It sometimes just doesn't work at all.

Kyle

0 Kudos
Jonathanguest86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same was happening to mine...I took it apart and the ground wire had come unsoldered from the battery pack...I resoldered it and fixed my problem...guarantee that's ur problem! Looks like they didn't do very good quality soldering on these remotes

0 Kudos
Jonathanguest86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here....looks like cheap soldering job on these remotes!

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kbryan, @Jonathanguest86,

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We would like to know if the hard reset will work. 

Please try to follow the steps: 

1. Plug the remote into power.
  2. Hold down the pairing button for 20 seconds (while holding down, the remote light will start to flash. Keep holding, and at the 20-second mark, the light will turn off. The remote will then restart). 

Let us know if that helps!

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mslunecka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bernie you really need to stop replying that same terrible advice about rebooting the remote.  That's not the problem.  Roku needs to recall these remotes the battery packs are defective and the soldering is substandard 

0 Kudos
Fred2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just purchased a brand new from Amazon Roku Ultra with voice remote pro.  Everything the folks have said in this topic also applies to my brand new defective remote. I charged it for 48 hours. It paired just fine and then died within 10 minutes after unplugging it. The screen notification says 100% charge but still it will do NOTHING until I plug it in again and then it works until I unplug it again. Its been like this for 5 days. Its obvious some of these remotes are defective. Do I need to return the entire product to Amazon or will Roku honor its warranty and send me a new remote. BTW I own 4 older Rokus and have never had a problem.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Fred2024,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate you letting us know about your problems on your Roku remote, and we'll be glad to assist you further. Have you tried a different power outlet, USB cable, and USB charger? 

Kindly note that we have sent you a private message through the Roku Community to help you resolve the issue. Please check your inbox, as we have contacted you from there.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge

Jump to solution

Hi @Fred2024,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate you letting us know about your problems on your Roku remote, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kindly note that we have sent you a private message through the Roku Community to help you resolve the issue. Please check your inbox, as we have contacted you from there.

We hope to hear back from you.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fred2024
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge

Jump to solution

Hello Roku. My Roku Voice Remote Pro does not eat batteries as this subject implies. I don’t know how my messsge got listed under this subject. It has built in rechargeable batteries. My brand new remote will not work unless it remains plugged in. But you know that as I posted under a different Subject as follows and you replied with a request for more info which I provided  I’m still waiting for an answer to that reply  Bottom line if Roku will not honor a warranty on brand new defective remotes I will be forced to return the entire system to the seller  Please advise as to what will be done to replace my defective remote remotes 

0 Kudos
Fred2024
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge

Jump to solution
Hello EuniceL
 The information you requested is below. 

Phone # 540-905-5002

Address - Alfred Truslow

1725 Cedar Dr

Marietta, GA 30066

Device Sn - X010003Y17G0