Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missusmax

Roku remote with numbers to change channels

Jump to solution

Does a Roku/Roku compatible remote exist with numbers where you can simply put in the number for the channel you want? I have 2 Roku TVs, use Spectrum streaming on both. It's annoying as **bleep** to always have to go through the guide just to get to a specific station, as opposed to typing in a number to get there.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote with numbers to change channels

Jump to solution

Short answer: no.

There are some universal IR remotes that work with some Roku devices that the number buttons will work. However (you knew that was coming) the app/channel you are using on the Roku must support the channel number input. The Roku OS itself (which is what you are using to select over the air TV channels) does not support that to the best of my knowledge.

I can offer something that helps a small bit. You can use the left and right transport buttons (the ones with the double arrows on either side of the play/pause button) and move through the guide by a full page instead of a single line. It does speed up moving through the guide a bit, but it's all I can offer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote with numbers to change channels

Jump to solution

Short answer: no.

There are some universal IR remotes that work with some Roku devices that the number buttons will work. However (you knew that was coming) the app/channel you are using on the Roku must support the channel number input. The Roku OS itself (which is what you are using to select over the air TV channels) does not support that to the best of my knowledge.

I can offer something that helps a small bit. You can use the left and right transport buttons (the ones with the double arrows on either side of the play/pause button) and move through the guide by a full page instead of a single line. It does speed up moving through the guide a bit, but it's all I can offer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.