Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parismom
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote unable to hear me

after  many months of dealing with inadequate customer service, i finally received the replacement remote.  this was a terrible experience with a positive outcome.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Parismom,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing with us your thoughts regarding replacing your Roku remote. We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. That's not what we aim for. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

On the other hand, it is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and time in this matter. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SouthPoleTim
Reel Rookie

Just started happening this evening. Always worked in the past. There was an update on my system in the past 24 hours as I can see changes in the home page menu. Now the voice search no longer works. Receive the error "Unable to hear you Try again." Rebooted the Ultra. Put fresh batteries in the remote Repaired the remote to device. Followed every suggestion in the past five pages of responses.

Device type: Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ00DR742370

0 Kudos
Parismom
Channel Surfer

I just went through all of this. It took me 3 months. Persevere. Keep contacting customer service. They will delay and stall and ask you for the same information, photographs of your remote etc etc etc. Stick with it. It took me 3 months but they eventually sent me a replacement remote. Respond and stay proactive. They're going to ask you to troubleshoot and Trust me, when I tell you this, you can troubleshoot all you want. Troubleshoot until the cows come home. The remote fails and they have to replace it. Stick with it and they will.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SouthPoleTim,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SouthPoleTim
Reel Rookie

Hi John, Thank you for the quick reply. I tested the remote today, and it is back to working correctly. I'm assuming there was some sort of software issue. I will check back in and send a private message if I continue to have problems with it. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SouthPoleTim,

Thank you for the update!

No worries; we're here to help you regarding this concern that you have with the Roku remote.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LFnOCD
Reel Rookie

Hello John, 

"I am one of the original posters regarding an issue with my Roku remote. Unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved for me yet. If new remote could potentially solve the problem I would like to apply for one. Interestingly, the app on my phone was working quite well for a while. However, after the latest update, it is not as smooth as it used to be. Therefore, I still suspect it is a hardware and software combination issue. It is disappointing that Roku has yet to respond properly and quickly to its large customer base. But if a new remote could solve this problem, and since Roku has access to the serial numbers of its customers' equipment, a notification and process to replace defective remotes would be appreciated."

Parismom
Channel Surfer

All they have to do is send you a new remote. These remotes cost less than nothing and they make it so difficult to make their customers happy. It took me 3 months to get satisfaction through endless emails and responses. Keep working it!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LFnOCD,

We appreciate you sharing with us!

We would be happy to help you further with this Roku control issue. Can you please send us a private message here in the Roku Community?
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos