Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote unable to hear me

Hi @Kkrx7,

Thanks for the update!

We're sorry for the confusion. We have processed a remote replacement for you. Our Support team will get in touch with you via email for further information.

Once you receive the replacement, try it again and see if that works.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

So does that mean you will not be contacting your technical department to get the software update correct for all these customers experiencing this very same problem?  It's pretty astonishing how Roku customer service cannot understand this very simple question,

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kkrx7,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Our team is already aware of this behavior and is currently looking into this trend. We'll provide an update here as well once we grasp one.

We'll need your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hrb_2001

This problem is happening to me as well. No troubleshooting steps work. Is there a firmware update available??

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hrb_2001

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this issue, and we would like to help. Can we have your Roku device information such as model, ID, and Roku OS? Additionally, since when did you first notice this issue start to occur?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RaeN
Reel Rookie

(In reply to the person suggesting changing the batteries)  That is the most obvious first step, so of course I did that before looking for further solutions...

0 Kudos
RaeN
Reel Rookie

Has this problem been investigated and remedied yet? 

0 Kudos
jss79

Thank you. The suggestion to use the app, however arduous, was better than anything Roku has told us.

0 Kudos
Parismom
Channel Surfer

I have tried what you suggested many times and it just doesn't work. This just started two days ago. I've had this unit for a year or two.

0 Kudos
Parismom
Channel Surfer

After many trials and errors I have discovered exactly what the problem is. The remote is defunct. I swapped out everything with another TV set in the house and the second remote works fine. The remote itself is bad. Worn out. Throw it a bone. I need a new remote and I should not have to pay for it.

0 Kudos