Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cabdial

Roku remote unable to hear me

Same story for me as the other frustrated users here. This seems apparently and issue with a Roku update pushed out. Like the others, it was working fine up to a while ago...can't pinpoint the date, but Roku needs to fix this!! I did all the steps listed as well as a full factory restart along with re-pairing the remote with no luck. It voice commands do, however, work fine from the Roku iPhone app.
Roku Streaming Device is 3941X (Express - 4K)
Software Build is 12.0.0 . 4184-CR
Roku Remote is RC786
The remote did indeed come with the device.

Labels (1)
42 REPLIES 42
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote unable to hear me

Hi @cabdial,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote that is unable to process your voice command. When did this issue occur? What is the software OS and version of your Roku streaming device (Check on Settings > System > About)? Please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it will resolve the issue. You can also check out this support article here on how to use voice to search for and control your Roku streaming device.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

I have done the above plus all the other suggestions by Roku several times.  As dozens have stated over the last year and none of these suggestion work but Roku keeps parroting out the same useless suggestions..  THIS IS OBVIOUSELY A SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM.  Repeat, THIS IS OBVIOUSELY A SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM so please quit repeating the same methods to correct this since none of them work.  If you notice the timeline everyone's problem started at about the same time so it stands to reason that it was caused by a software update.  One last time THIS IS OBVIOUSELY A SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM.

Is it at all possible for Roku customer service to finally send this ongoing problem to your technical department so they can correct the problem for Ruku's countless customers?

0 Kudos
prisonerdrw
Binge Watcher

Figured it was after testing the living room remote. I'll do the waiting game for now.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kkrx7,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. We have sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @prisonerdrw,

Thanks for the details and information provided about this issue.

Please keep us posted on how things turn out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Maybe Change your batteries!!! I did that and my mic started working!!!!

0 Kudos
prisonerdrw
Binge Watcher

Okay, seems to be working again for now.

Whatever was the problem seems to okay now.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Topcatistop,

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue.

It seems that you have done a great job troubleshooting this issue. Since the steps have been exhausted, please send us a PM here so we can assist you further.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

The PM you sent me says you lost all my information and had no clue now what the issue is.  Any chance someone can finally contact your technical department since this is happening to countless customers?  This is obviously from a software update.  Please re-read this 4 or 5 times so you can understand it.  I have done all the steps numerous times, and nothing works.

Once again, this is a software update problem. Please contact your technical department so they can fix whatever they messed up with the software update.

0 Kudos