Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patm1198
Reel Rookie

Remote replacement concern with support ticket 9630896

Roku Customer Support reference #: 9630896

i received a replacement remote control, its a battery operated model RCC1R and working as it should, but this is a basic model and i paid for a voice remote pro 2nd edition.

Why are you replacing the one i purchased with a lessor model with no rebate or explanation. 

original that i purchased   model RCB1R    $29.99

replacement for defective model RCC1R    $ 9.99

Roku web site says the remote I purchased is compatible with my TV, so why the downgrade. 

Roku's handling my new Roku remote gives me and others reading this post a reason to lose confidence in your company and its products and a cause to start looking else ware. 

Roku charged me for the more expensive remote that had more features and replaced it with a much lessor model and offered no rebate as of 4/27/24. BTW offering a rebate now is pandering, but if your doing nothing then yes i want my little bit of money back.

This is such a small issue, imagine dealing with expensive products and getting these results!!!!!!!  An exaggerated analogy would be that i purchase from Roku a 75 inch tv and you send me a 55 inch to fix my issue. i could go on and on but you get the message.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
joss1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Customer Support reference #: 9630896

Not a good look for Roku.

Please post again if Roku resolved your issue.

The Mod surely has seen this by now. [4/27]

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Customer Support reference #: 9630896

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, @Patm1198.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We will coordinate this with our Support team for further assistance. 

We have already double-checked your account and have validated everything. Kindly check your inbox as our Support team will send you a separate email regarding this matter.

Once again, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator