Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carilynfly

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I have to keep removing the batteries and putting them back in to work; even with fresh batteries.

MODEL # RC-FA1

0 Kudos
Apex-grind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It appears this has been happening for 2 years?

The standard answer after supplying serial numbers is "We have reported this to our support team and they will contact you via email".

Has anyone ever heard back from "our support team"?

lakecruzer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I bought 3 Roku Ultras and so far 2 of them have this issue. If not resolved soon, I will revert back to my Nvidia Shields and I will never support Roku again! I truly believe Roku provides me with a better video experience, but cannot continue with a product that does not work. I paid quite a bit for each Ultra unit and am not getting what I paid for.

0 Kudos
Caseythekid
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They emailed me saying they are sending me a new remote. We'll see if anything changes once it gets here. 

0 Kudos
lakecruzer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, that is encouraging! Hope is resolves the issue!

0 Kudos
Tjmdz6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue for several weeks now. Roku Ultra with LG tv. So frustrating

0 Kudos
Tjmdz6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

s/n: 3226001360

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tjmdz6

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. May I inquire if you have attempted to resolve the issue by following the troubleshooting steps available on our support page? If the issue remains unresolved, I would kindly request that you provide us with an update on the situation. Please include a description of the issue after attempting to troubleshoot the remote.

Keep us posted with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tjmdz6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have followed those troubleshooting steps to no avail.

A few times a day when I try to use the power, mute, or volume control for my brand new LG C2 tv with my brand new Roku ultra 4k it is unresponsive. Working one minute and then not working 5 minutes later. I also tried fully charging the remote.

When I first connected the tv and Roku about a month ago there was no issue for a few weeks but it has been happening now for the last week or 2.

0 Kudos
diverite2000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Keep it plugged into a charger at all times and it will no longer have issues. 

0 Kudos