Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tjmdz6
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

No thanks, that’s not how a remote is supposed to work.

0 Kudos
diverite2000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I totally agree with you. But you have to ask yourself, why would a rechargeable remotes NOT lose TV settings when constantly plugged in? 

Its maybe a power saving feature that causes volitile memory loss, i.e. a design flaw.

Or maybe its just a defect.

But if you keep yours plugged in constantly a don't lose TV settings, what are the chances of us both having the exact same defect?

0 Kudos
Caseythekid
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Keeping remote plugged in has no effect on mine. Still loses TV control. I can't find any pattern to it at all. We'll see how the new remote works when it arrives. 

0 Kudos
mike234
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku,  enough is enough.  I just bought 6 Roku Ultras.  ON ALL of them, the remote continues to lose and then gain on-off and volume on the T.V..  Looking at the remote with a camera when it is not working the IR is not firing.  All my t.v. are Samsung.  Some new some old.  I have tried all the fixes you suggest.  ALL!

Roku this is an embarrassment for you.  Stop asking for serial numbers etc. and fix the problem.  Your quality control and reputation is going down the drain.  Please fix it.

mike234
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku,  enough is enough.  I just bought 6 Roku Ultras.  ON ALL of them, the remote continues to lose and then gain on-off and volume on the T.V..  Looking at the remote with a camera when it is not working the IR is not firing.  All my t.v. are Samsung.  Some new some old.  I have tried all the fixes you suggest.  ALL!

Roku this is an embarrassment for you.  Stop asking for serial numbers etc. and fix the problem.  Your quality control and reputation is going down the drain.  If your existing people can not get this under control -- find some who can.  Please fix it.

lakecruzer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Amen!

0 Kudos
fishfan88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bought an Ultra for use with my LG B2 in six weeks ago and have had this issue since day one. Very frustrating….
Funny thing is, I bought a Firestick for use with a bedroom tv, an older Samsung non smart tv a couple of days later just to compare.  Firestick has no problems.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your patience while we investigated the issue related to the intermittent loss of TV power and volume control with your Roku device remote.

At this time, we believe that the root cause of the issue initially reported in this thread has since been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote, at this time we would recommend you to search the Roku Community for another thread similar to the issue you are experiencing. If there are no threads available, we encourage you to creating a new post to describe what you are seeing.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos