Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caseythekid
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

Same problem.3821x Streaming stick 4K+, 11.5.0 build 4312-CU, Voice Remote Pro RC795, Dynex TV

I have to disconnect stick from power, plug back in, and then set up for tv control to fix it. Works at first then quits. Repeat multiple times a day. Very frustrating. Got device at Christmas, and it has been a problem from the start. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Caseythekid

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Caseythekid
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

S09T4216GF75

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Caseythekid

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lakecruzer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It seems that this issue has been ongoing as I have the same issue with Roku Ultra. I have multiple Ultra units and it happens on most of them. It seems to be soratic at times, yet it is so frustrating. Nothing seems to be a permenet sulotion. Please look into this as it makes me want to hanges devices!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lakecruzer

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. In addition, this can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
lakecruzer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here are the serial numbers on 2 Ultra devices that are having issues with the remotes.

X01000T879XY
X0100062986U

Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follow-up @lakecruzer

We have passed along all the information you have provided to our team. They will keep in touch with you.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
montel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem here

Roku Ultra Serial No: X0100079GXA8

2 Voice Remote Pro remotes fail randomly to control volume and power on my Samsung TV.

All details have been provided in the other thread talking about this...

0 Kudos
7sapper0

Jump to solution

I have 9 different Roku devices spanning 5 years of purchase with roku brand remotes as additional on each TV. And I can’t get thru a day with an LG or a Sony or a video TV without having to reprogram one of the remotes to work volume and power on the TV. Stop asking for serial numbers. This is how your remotes work. All of theRemotes lose connection with the tv.  You figure the problem and please stop asking your customers to solve it for you.  You solve it and we won’t switch to a better device.