Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikef365
Reel Rookie

Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

My Roku remote keeps losing the ability to control my LG tv's volume, mute, power. Sometimes it loses it after only a few hours or after 1 day. it's happened 3 or 4 times in the last week. My battery is fine. It's annoying to have to continue to keep setting it up again in the settings menu, and it works, but then it loses it !                 

Model#: 3811X Roku Streaming Stick +

LG tv model 26LV2500UG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your patience while we investigated the issue related to the intermittent loss of TV power and volume control with your Roku device remote.

At this time, we believe that the root cause of the issue initially reported in this thread has since been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote, at this time we would recommend you to search the Roku Community for another thread similar to the issue you are experiencing. If there are no threads available, we encourage you to creating a new post to describe what you are seeing.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
Down_South

Jump to solution

Same problem here with an Roku remote and a LG TV. I ran across your problem looking for an answer for the same problem. Good luck and back to Google Foo I go. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mikef365 @Down_South

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue, but need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model TV you are using
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-did you just start to see this issue occur after the recent OS 11.5 update
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BWMann

Re: Roku remote VOLUME buttons

Jump to solution

I'll jump in here and say that my Roku remote volume buttons are VERY sluggish and require a hard press to activate volume up/down.....so annoying. I end up using my TV remote instead. Samsung TV

I have recharged the remote....checked FAQs in support...had someone else try it and agree that the buttons feel NUMB

Model# 4802X-Roku Ultra

Serial# X010003AMDGN

Software 11.5.0

0 Kudos
RosaMalaga
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my Roku Express and Panasonic TV. It worked fine until a few weeks ago. I updated to 11.5 and it is worse. Very intermittent. Also sometimes I will push the volume once and it whizzes up to 20 or 30 by itself. Trying to re-pair remote results in message that TV is not compatible, even though remote usually controls TV.

0 Kudos
RosaMalaga
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model: 3931RW - Roku Express+

Series No.: X00400Y9AKP3

Software: 11.5.0 Build 4235-AE

Panasonic TV

0 Kudos
yodhevavhe

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue no more arc support and can no longer use my remote to control volume and mute etc 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

@RosaMalaga @yodhevavhe

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide all of the information that I have requested in my previous post above?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott000

Jump to solution

MODEL 4802X ULTRA
SN X01000PW971C
DID S0DA222W971C
V 11.5.0 build 4235-C2
TV Samsung UN40FH6030F
ISSUE 1C-437-732
OK until update to 11.5

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@scott000

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos