Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote control glitch

I was having issues on my HBO app. Whenever I tried to rewind it would just glitch and rewind all the way and when I push play it would loop on a particular scene and I'd have to mess with it to get it to start playing again. This worked like a charm. I'm relieved. Thanks 🙏🏾

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Richard025

Re: Roku remote control glitch

Hisense Roku TV. 50r6e. O/S version 12.5.5. I am also experiencing skipping when using up/down/left/right arrows. Happening on all channels. I have tried suggestions of resetting my TV and unplugging from outlet. Unsuccessful. Is there any current information available for solution to this problem? Is there a Roku support phone number or live chat? Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NA123

My Roku remote has started to glitch. It races the cursor to the right.

I have restarted the Roku several times and the problem is not going away.

When the batteries are in the Roku remote my TV remote and the remote for my fan do not work. The Roku remote seems to be constantly beaming an infrared signal that is bombarding everything when the batteries are in the remote.

I have Roku Premiere

model 3920x

SN YH003S341589

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @NA123.

I'd be happy to help you find the best resolution for the issues you're currently experiencing with your Roku remote.

Firstly, may I know if this is the remote that came with your Roku Premiere? Also, when did you start experiencing this? Furthermore, as I checked, your Roku device is no longer our 1-year warranty but no worries! You may visit our website for available offers on Roku remotes: Roku Products | Accessories | Remotes

You may also visit our support website for additional troubleshooting steps to fix your Roku simple remote.

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with your Roku Premiere and has a Headphones mode (private listening) feature. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.