Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayRock

Remote battery drain on Roku streaming stick

I have this problem with a recently purchased Roku stick. I had a Roku 3 for years and never had this issue with the Roku 3.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote battery drain on Roku streaming stick

Welcome to the Roku Community, @RayRock.

Thank you for sharing your concern about the battery-draining issue you're currently experiencing on the remote paired to your Roku streaming stick. I'd be happy to provide further information about this. 

Roku remotes are designed to go the distance, but there are a few things that will drain a remote a bit faster:
  • There is a congested Wi-Fi network around the device. The reason for this is that most remotes, just like your current remote, will use RF to connect to your Roku player, and constant reconnection will use more battery.
  • Or you are watching a lot of short-form content, such as YouTube, where a streamer might make a few hundred button presses in an hour.
By the way, we also offer the Voice Remote Pro, a rechargeable remote with private listening, voice search, and voice commands, two programmable shortcut buttons, and a lost remote finder. With it, you'll never buy a pack of batteries again. It also comes with the latest Roku Ultra and the Plus Series Roku TV made by Roku.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly
Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.