Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlfile
Reel Rookie

Roku pro remote charges, pairs but stopped working

I have a Roku pro remote and tv. The remote stopped working. It charges and pairs via another Roku remote, but the buttons and voice don't do anything.  Model pc-m 1 FCC id tc2r1039

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku pro remote charges, pairs but stopped working

Hi, @Rlfile

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We recommend visiting this support article for more information on how to troubleshoot your Roku remote at How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Additionally, could you please tell us what specific Roku device you are having issues with?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rlfile
Reel Rookie

https://a.co/d/0HNTyYH

Roku voice remote control with tv controller model RCS01R

0 Kudos
Rlfile
Reel Rookie

I have gone through all of the suggestions for repair including factory reset

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Rlfile,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Your Roku Voice Remote Pro is a premium control device designed to work exclusively with your compatible Roku streaming device. It features a rechargeable battery, hands-free, and push-to-talk voice controls, TV controls for power and volume, personal shortcut buttons, a lost remote finder, and Headphone Mode (headphones sold separately).

This article provides an overview with setup instructions and troubleshooting assistance, along with information about using the various features of your Roku Voice Remote Pro. 

Getting to know your Roku® Voice Remote Pro

For additional help solving an issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro or one of its features, refer to the detailed articles below:

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

These remotes are badly designed technology which always having issues for many customers. My Roku Voice Remote Pro won't charge any higher than 97%. It goes to 100% with the USB charging cable connected, but as soon as I pull it out it's only 97%.

While in the middle of my Roku streaming videos the remote randomly pops up battery notifications in the upper right corner of my screen, even when I'm not pressing any buttons, this is obviously a malfunction in the hardware or software or both. Roku of course provides NO SETTING to turn this completely annoying battery notification off. Despite me and others requesting this multiple times over the years.

Also the battery notification pop ups I'm getting are showing a FULL CHARGE! So it's not even a low battery warning like it's supposed to be! Why in the heck would you ever want a full battery warning popping up taking you out of your viewing experience?

Why is it doing this? I'll tell you why, because these remotes and the software it runs with were designed by incompetent morons! These people designing the remotes absolutely REFUSE to address the issues with them, no matter how many complaints they get.

The Roku moderators here will just ask you to repeat the same troubleshooting steps that never work, then ask for your serial number and possibly send you a new remote, which has the same exact problems, or different issues altogether.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emissary35,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused you, and this is not what we aim for. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and ease of use when using our products. We'd like to investigate this issue further. Kindly send us a private message here in the Roku Community.

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rlfile
Reel Rookie

I am very familiar with all of these pages. The problem is that the buttons and voice have stopped working. This was bought in June 2021. Is this way out of warranty now? If my only solution is to buy a new one, please just say that and stop referring me to help pages.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rlfile,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further with this issue, please send us a private message here by following the steps above that we have provided.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.