Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbryant3399
Reel Rookie

Replacement Roku remote batteries dying after a week

I ordered a replacement remote for my Roku Premiere (model 4620x) this winter. It paired to the device, but constantly said "pair remote for best experience" even though it worked. We did it a few times, but have notice that after a week the batteries in the remove have been drained to 50% and have to be taken out and put back into get the remote to work (even though it says they're at 50% when we check in settings). We've reset the remote and repaired several times and have the same issues. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Replacement Roku remote batteries dying after a week

Hi @kbryant3399,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku remote. Could you send us a photo of your Roku remote? When and where did you purchase this Roku remote?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kbryant3399
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

We purchased it from Amazon and we got actually purchased at the end of August (earlier than I thought). My partner and I just didn't realize that we were both replacing the batteries all time, we thought only one of us was until I complained our last remote lasted 3 years before the batteries needed replaced and I had already replaced these ones 3 times since setting it up. Now we get about a week of it working, then a week were it will work for a few clicks and well pick it up to pause and then it won't work.  If we take out the batteries then put them right back in it works again or another few clicks. 
 Remote.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@kbryant3399,

Thanks for the update!

We'll take it from here, and I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.