Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeezee81

Roku Voice Remote Pro won't charge

I’m also having issues with my remote not charging.  It’s been plugged in using the provided USB cord overnight and still displays 0%.  I have read the troubleshooting article provided in this thread and I’ve repaired multiple times without any improvement.  I’ve removed the older original remote so currently this is the only paired remote to my Roku.  
SN: YR0001962423
I would like a replacement remote because it seems like the product itself is defective.  I’ve been using Roku players on all of my TVs for over 7 years without any issues and yet this remote stopped working in under a year of conservative use (rarely use voice commands).

75 REPLIES 75
acupodaz
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Turn off the microphone switch on the side of the remote and it will go to full charge. Solution worked on non-replaceable battery USB rechargeable Roku voice remote.

Seffnarian
Reel Rookie

I can be charging my remote for days with a flashing green light, but the minute it connects to the TV it says that the power level is below 10%.  It's relatively new, so will you fix or replace?  I suspect not.  Is the remote something I can purchase?  If so ... where?  

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zeezee81,

Thanks for your post!

Please be aware that we have passed this along to our Support team. And please keep an eye on your email, as they'll reach you from there.

Let us know if there's anything else we can look into further. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KD4MNI,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We regret to hear about these remote issues going on, and we'd love to help you out.

Could you please provide us with the device serial number that is paired with your remote?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

We own 3 Roku Ultra devices and a Roku soundbar.

We have at least 6 of the rechargeable Roku remotes that we no longer use since they won't hold a charge.

Dan Colestock, PE

KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

Model 4660X Roku Ultra

SN: YJ00GM952759

SW: 12.0.0 BUILD 4184-46

DEVICE ID: CK392G952759

2 GB MicroSD Card Installed

Seffnarian
Reel Rookie

I was being so frustrated because nothing seemed to work to charge my remote. I tried everything that I had read here and other places. Nothing worked. Then I tried a brand new cable that fit very snugly into the remote. To my amazement it charged and has been keeping the charge for about a week or two. Not sure how this could be a universal cure but it seems to have worked for me. I hope this can help someone.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KD4MNI,

Thanks for the follow-up information!

Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further regarding your concern.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra and Voice Remote Pro won't hold charge, constant battery level indicator, fails to control player.

My Roku devices have been working without issues for about a year. Now all of the sudden, I am experiencing many of the same issues documented here on the community in multiple threads. Voice Pro Remote won't hold charge, has difficulty communicating with the player (sometimes multiple button presses are necessary), constantly displays the battery level indicator (every few seconds), and constantly attempts to pair (according to the secret screen display). I posted my own message on the forum and it isn't getting the appropriate attention, so I'm replying here as it seems everyone on this thread has the same issues and Roku support is responding here.

I never use voice control and the voice switch is always off. When charging, the LED on the back of the remote periodically flashes 5 times, but the remote never appears to fully charge. When paired with the player, the battery indicator constantly displays and the remote battery dies quickly.

The only way I can stand to use my Roku now is by letting the Voice Remote Pro battery die, then use my other remote. It also appears that the Roku player cannot forget the Voice Remote Pro. Even if I forget the device, it still pairs and displays the battery indicator.

MODEL: Roku 4800X - Roku Ultra

S/N: X01000DE79E9

SW VERSION: 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

VOICE REMOTE PRO

FW VERSION:rtn.4228

MODEL: RC795

This issue has not appeared when using my other remote with the same Roku Ultra player: 

VOICE REMOTE

FW VERSION:rtn.4228

MODEL: RC691

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.