Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noonedog25

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

I got this remote in February and now it won't charge, the light doesn't come on

Poptart
Reel Rookie

Last week the charging port on voice remote pro would not hold the charging cable. I would have to hold it in for it to charge and if I moved any, it would stop charging. I tried every cable I have and none would work. Finally found one that will stay in as long as it is laying down, but now it stops at 40%, and the green light is still blinking. If I take it on the charger it goes to 37% immediately. My serial # is YJ0059768836. Please help!

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @noonedog25 @Poptart,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We regret hearing about the problem with your remote. We'd love to help you out. Have you tried using a different cord and adapter? When did the issue start? Could you please provide us with the device serial number that is paired with your remote?
We'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poptart
Reel Rookie

@RokuEuniceL 
Did you even read my post or is this a general response? I have every single question answered in there.
Last week
Tried every cord
Tried different locations 
Found one that works if it is laying down.
Now, charges to 40% and goes no further.
Pick it up and it goes to 37% immediately.
Serial no YJ0059768836 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Poptart,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand the issue you're having. Since we have checked the information on our end, it seems like the Roku Voice Remote Pro is on its way to being replaced due to its longevity. We recommend purchasing a new one. You can check here at this link: Roku Voice Remote Pro

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LBPuff

Good afternoon,

My Roku voice remote is also not working. The issue started a few weeks ago. Prior to that my remote would charge just fine but would stop working out of nowhere, until I plugged it in only to realize that it was dead. I would get no indication that the battery was low, it just would no longer work. Now when I charge it, it will not go past 10%. 

My device serial number is YN00X5352833, 

Thank you for your assistance with this matter. 

roku voice remote will not charge. what more can anyone tell you? Junk?

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LBPuff

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed this along to our Support team. And please watch your email, as they'll reach you from there.

Let us know if there's anything else we can look into further. Thanks!

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RN4
Reel Rookie

Hi,

My Roku Voice remote worked fine until recently but now it is refusing to charge past 10% despite being plugged in for several hours multiple times. I have tried different outlets with the same result.

Serial number: X00100PYSJKX

Thank you.

Seffnarian
Reel Rookie

Not sure this will be of any help... but I went through this for some time and eventually did something that makes NO sense... I bought a new cable.  I remembered that those Mini ends fail frequently.  And some are shorter than others... by a small bit... but noticeable.  When I plugged in the new cord, it worked.  And since a full charge lasts for months... I haven't checked if it will do it again.  So take if for what it's worth... It might be worth a shot before you throw it in the fish tank.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.