Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gperkins
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra loses contact with the remote on 12.5.5

I had this problem before 13.1 made my Ultra totally useless.  If I remove a battery and put it back in, the remote works again for a couple of minutes.  This is very annoying.

4630X YR004N370852 12.5.5 build 4174-29 7KA684370852

They put me back to 12.5.5 and that fixed the problem where the channels would not load, but the remote stopped working again.

Is there a newer version of 12.5 or 13.1 that will fix it?  

Thanks,

Greg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra loses contact with the remote on 12.5.5

Hi, @gperkins thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We noticed that your remote stopped working. We recommend trying to change the batteries, as this often solves the issue, and try resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try to utilize the remote feature to see if this will make any difference.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gperkins
Binge Watcher

Are you serious?  Changing the batteries is the first thing I did.  It's not the batteries.

The remote was having problems prior to 13.1, but 13.1 killed all the channels, see my other posts.  Someone put the Roku back to 12 and the battery problem started again.  I will try the reset, but I doubt it will work since it seems to be a 12 problem.

Is there a version of 13 that is compatible with my Roku?  

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
gperkins
Binge Watcher

The remote instructions did not work.  The remote is 2.01.18.120 firmware model rc95

0 Kudos
gperkins
Binge Watcher

I used the reset button in the remote and re-paired the remote.  I will let you know if it continues to work.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the reply, @gperkins!

We appreciate you for trying to reset the remote, please let us know if the issue still persists, and we'll make sure to assist you further with this matter. 

In the meantime, please consider using our Roku mobile app for temporary and backup remotes. For detailed instructions, please refer to our dedicated support article: How to use the Roku mobile app.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gperkins
Binge Watcher

It lost contact again.  Resetting the remote did not work.

As I said 13 worked, the remote did not disconnect, but none of the apps work, that's why Roku did a roll back.

I am not a novice with Rokus, I have probably had a dozen and this is the only time the remote has given a problem.  Other rokus work, but the one I want to use on this tv is the Ultra.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The Roku 4630 is not Roku Ultra, its Premiere plus, very old model. It was top of the line when it was released, but it was replaced with Roku Ultra, let's see there have been many models of Ultra since, 4640, 4660, 4670, 4800, 4802, and now just announced today the 4850. There are usually two or three years between releases. Your model is over ten years old!!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
gperkins
Binge Watcher

Ah, thanks.  I see that now.  I understand that it's old, but I'm not buying another Roku because Apple TV works a lot better.  This is just for a kitchen tv.

0 Kudos
gperkins
Binge Watcher

And I should add, they have not told me that it is out of support, but they issued two updates that broke it in different ways.  The 12 release broke the remote and the 13 release effectively bricked it, no apps worked.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.