Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Remote-Can't Fix Left, Right, Back and Home Buttons not working

I have a Roku simple remote that started acting weird a couple of days ago. First the left-right buttons wouldn't work, so I reset my Roku. Then the up button worked, but not the down and the left-right still didn't work. Took out the batteries, unplugged Roku over night, and tried again the next day. This time with new batteries. All seemed to work fine except now the back and home buttons aren't working. A total of 8 resets, and still not a fully functional remote. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote-Can't Fix Left, Right, Back and Home Buttons not working

Hello! @firemedicwi,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the issue with your Roku Simple remote buttons not working. We are pleased to help.

• What Roku device are you using right now? 
  • How long have you been using this remote?

This article provides instructions on how to fix issues with your Roku® simple remote such as delayed, unresponsive, or missed button presses. Please check it here: How to fix your Roku simple remote that is not working

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response!! I have tried several times to do the recommendations in the remote link. My Roku box and remote are about 6 years old. As of now, the back button is the only one not working now.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@firemedicwi,

Thanks for the updates,

Please take a moment to check your inbox for a private message from us. We have reached out to request additional information in order to provide further assistance.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.