Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fredsbakery
Reel Rookie

Roku stick 4K remote wil not work with 10 year old JVC TV

I just spent 45 minutes with a chat agent trying to see why I can’t get the new sku#3820r2 streaming stick 4K remote to work with a JVC tv.   was told my TV is too old, it won’t work.  The stick works fine, but the remote will not program with the jvc tv, but it works with even older tv models I have in the house.  The tv is 9 years old and works great, just an issue with the new Roku

sad part, my period stick I was replacing worlds fine for Roku and tv control.  Very sad, waste of my time and money, Roku doesn’t care , the agent said I need to buy a new tv.  Perhaps I just need to buy a new stick from someone else.

ideas or do I just punt?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Fredsbakery
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stick 4K remote wil not work with 10 year old JVC TV

Meant 10 years old , not 9

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Fredsbakery!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution. 

To clarify, have you plugged in a Roku Streaming Stick to your JVC TV before? If so, does controlling your TV's power and volume buttons work? If not, we highly suggest visiting this support article to help you set up the HDMI-CEC so you can control the power and volume of your TV using your Roku remote here: How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV.

If the issue persists, we also have a support article to help you fix this: Why is my Roku® voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fredsbakery
Reel Rookie

Yes, my current Roku streaming stick+ (model 3810X)  and the remote (model RC399) with firmware run.4246) program to the JVC TV with no issue.  The new stick works fine, the remote will not program to the TV

support chat was very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.