Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdmtexas01

Remote upgrade for a 4K streaming device

Can you upgrade the remote on a 4K streaming device? I really need a number pad bad with all the apps and thousands of channels. The filter in the guide only works for a specific category then you still have to scroll the channel that's desired. Please help as the answer will help me decide if purchasing a second 4k streaming device or purchasing a Xumo streaming device.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote upgrade for a 4K streaming device

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jdmtexas01!

We appreciate you reaching out, and we'd be more than happy to provide more information about this.

Yes, you can upgrade your Roku remote, but please be aware that the number pad is currently unavailable on Roku. To hide a channel, favorite a channel, or filter the list of channels in the guide, access the Channel options menu using the steps below.

1. Open the Live TV Channel Guide
  2. Find the channel you wish to hide
  3. Move left until the channel name and logo are highlighted
  4. Press Star on your Roku remote to open the Channel options menu 

To set a channel as a favorite, open the Channel options menu and select Favorite channel. Repeat this for each channel you want to favorite, or use the following steps to favorite multiple channels at once.

1. Open the Channel options menu.
  2. Select Manage channels
  3. Select Favorite channels
  4. Press OK to check the box next to any channel you wish to favorite

Tip: As you move down the list, pause for a moment, and your Roku device will switch to the channel for a quick preview.

You may refer to our support article for more details about How to set up a favorites channel list with Roku's Live TV Channel Guide

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.