Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOSTROMO1
Reel Rookie

# 3500x replacement remote control

Hi.

Ive lost my remote control and looking for a replacement.

Does anyone know what model number i need or whate model roku i have, as i cant seem to find the exact one I need. 

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: # 3500x replacement remote control

0 Kudos
NOSTROMO1
Reel Rookie

Thank you MOP... 

Is that because its an older stick, as i'm sure the original wasnt voice activated or controlled?  

I was hoping to get something cheaper...  is it only those 2 then? or are there copies of those 2 that i can use?  Any links or nubers?  Apologies for stupid questions...im an old guy see.

Thanks again. 👍

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@NOSTROMO1 

None of the current Roku remotes sold new will work with purple 3500 stick, sorry. It's plain not worth buying a used remote for such an old Roku. Buy a Roku  express, or better Roku model on sale. If you want used remote for your 3500 stick check ebay for Roku 3 remote models. Like RC03. The headphone jack on the remote will be useless with 3500 stick, but the volume keys will control your tv if it accepts cec commands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@NOSTROMO1 there's no good reason to continue using a 3500. Roku no longer supports that model with updates, and some providers won't permit their apps/channels to be installed on it. As @Tivoburkee you would be far better off with a new model. The Express 4K+ is $40 and the Streaming Stick 4K is on sale for the same price. Even if you can find a remote for your 3500, you'll probably spend $20 for it, and you're still using a very old device. The 3500 was released in March 2014, so it's now more than 10 years old. The Express 4K+ will run circles around your Purple Stick.

Also, don't buy a universal remote that you might find that says it works on all Rokus. The Roku Sticks (all versions) will not work with an IR (infrared) remote, and all of the universal remotes are IR.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@Anonymous neither of those remotes work with the 3500. Roku no longer sells a remote that will work on it.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.