Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schraun
Channel Surfer

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

I'm having the same issue. I see lots of people complaining about this what are you guys going to do about it I bought mine from Amazon in March of this year 2024 that's only 3 months ago every time I buy a Roku something else is wrong so I would appreciate it if you guys would do something about this and saying that you're going to assist somebody and don't even contact anyone you guys should be contacting everybody that's complaining

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Schraun!

I appreciate you for letting us know about the issues you're currently experiencing with the right arrow button on your remote. I'd be happy to help. 

Kindly let me know the following so I can assess your concern better and provide an accurate resolution:

• Serial number of the Roku device this remote is connected to:
  • Is this the remote that came with the device?
  • When did you first observe that the right arrow button is not working?

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nm4

Re: Right button issues causes me not to be able to use remote

I have the same problem described by others regarding the right arrow button.  It doesn't respond and you have to press it extremely hard repeatedly to finally get it to work.  Your instructions do not help with this situation because operating my tv set is not the problem.  I'm trying to use the right arrow button to scroll thru apps and program choices from the Roku menu.  All of the other directional buttons work great; it is only the one button that moves to the right that is the problem. Can you offer another solution?

0 Kudos
Nm4

I would love for you to send me and everyone else on here a PM about what Roku plans to do about your defective product.  If multiple people have the exact same problem with only one button on an original or replacement remote, then it is obviously NOT a battery or pairing issue.  It is a defective remote.  Roku should do the right thing and offer all of us free, working replacement devices.  I cannot in good conscience recommend Roku to anyone if the product has a known flaw and Roku isn't doing anything to fix it.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Nm4!

We appreciate you sharing your sentiments about the issue that is currently occurring on the Roku remote. Rest assured that we are coordinating this with our Support team for additional reinforcement and assistance.

We can assure you that we are investigating this matter thoroughly to determine its cause and find you the best resolution possible. In this case, I will reach out to you via PM for further assistance.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.