Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Keeps scrolling and won't stop at all!

My roku menu keeps scrolling. I got lucky once and got to the reset and it didn't stop it. Can you hekp me out?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Keeps scrolling and won't stop at all!

Hi @BillSchaefer, we appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have experienced issues with your Roku remote, and we would like to learn more about this problem. Can you please provide the following information to assist you better?

• Was there any recent update on your Roku device before this issue occurred?
  • Is this the remote that came with your Roku device, or was this purchased separately?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
In the meantime, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot your physical remote.
Reboot your voice remote
If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.
  1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote
If the issue persists, replace the batteries in your voice remote and insert them using the same steps provided above. After doing so, pair them again to see if this makes any difference.
For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.