Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express remote stopped working

Hi everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If you haven't yet, we recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. 

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Plipper32
Reel Rookie

If I unplug the Roku and reset the remote it works, but after about a few hours the remote stops working.  

0 Kudos
SPollock52
Reel Rookie

After moving, I am re-setting up several 4K Roku sticks. I have one that will not pair with any of my remotes. What suggestions can you offer?

0 Kudos
Barry8
Binge Watcher

I can't help you with that. Perhaps if you list that with the community at large, someone will be able to advise. If it is the only unit that will not pair, I would think it is the remote and not the boxes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined by @RokuKariza-D in her post above.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SPollock52
Reel Rookie

In my case, it seems the 4k+ sticks and the remotes all work but not with one of the provided USB-mini power cables. Is there something inside these cables that also prevents a generic (non-Roku) mini USB cable from working?

where can I get a new USB power cable?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@SPollock52 

The included USB cable is called the long-range wireless receiver, its what your remote and internet communicate with, not the Stick itself. The cable can only by bought through Roku, they have older version listed in the accessory page but it worthless on the newer 3820/3821 Sticks. The price of the old cable is $20, right new you can buy another 3820 4K stick for $25. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Sn so7r221k6naf

My remote stopped working 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Moutoñ0924,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Have you tried to remove and reinsert the batteries if this helps resolve the issue? Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chip00

My remote stopped working as well.  I've replaced the batteries and all of the resets failed as well.  

0 Kudos