Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjwms

Roku Express 4K+ : Remote Draining Batteries Daily

Having this issue also. Batteries draining every 2-3 days. What can I do? 

serial number: X01600N8MJG6

28 REPLIES 28
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ : Remote Draining Batteries Daily

Hi @Cjwms

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about the battery drain issue on your Roku remote. Have you tried to re-pair your remote and see if it helps? To learn how to do this, follow the steps from our support page at How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

We appreciate your cooperation, let us know if there's any difference after. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

How many times do people have to create yet more topics on this exact same issue of the batteries being drained too quickly by the remotes before Roku finally does something about it?

Unpairing and repairing the remote never works, neither does rebooting the Roku or factory resetting it, I've seen all of these 'suggestions' on multiple topics for the Roku remotes going back years!

Do you guys at Roku have a singular clue how to fix this? Do you even care? Roku is a great product, but the remotes are terribly flawed and need a complete redesign!

Cjwms

I have tried to troubleshoot with no luck.. what can be done? 

@RokuNimfa-C 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cjwms,

Thanks for following up.

We understand that you are having a battery issue with Roku remote and we're sorry if you are having this experience.

Please be advised that a member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Piper2022
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue with the Roku stick I gave my parents for Christmas. Batteries need to be changed at least once a week and the Roku itself keeps freezing and rebooting.

I originally gave them an Ultra for Christmas and that had to be returned. Remote keep losing connection and trying to reconnect. Every few minutes we would see the battery level pop up on the screen. Roku customer service had no answers other than keep repairing remote and or the always helpful factory reset.

We have had multiple Rokus for years and have never had this many problems. There is something wrong with the latest Rokus, and I do not know if it is a software or hardware issue. I am beyond frustrated. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Piper2022 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
YKC
Reel Rookie

I have a similar problem. Mine drains monthly, not as ridiculous as daily, but I've not had to change batteries in my Firestick remote in more than a year. I've tried re-setting, re-pairing, taking the batteries in and out. None of it works. I've had the voice remote a year. Clearly from the forums, I'm not alone.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YKC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about what you are experiencing and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to try to resolve the battery issue with your Roku remote.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that came with the remote.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
kaubry88

Spot on.  This is a total defect issue that Roku is seemingly refusing to correct.