Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarhead6467
Channel Surfer

Roku 4K Stick 3820X2, Long Range Wireless Receiver and RC-GZ1 Remote won't pair remote

I have tried the suggested pairing instructions; holding the back and home buttons, no luck.  Rebooted the stick, Roku booting screen displays then the home screen.  No control over screen choices, again tried to pair without success.  Tried this stick and pair another remote, has the pairing button, no issues works ok.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4K Stick 3820X2, Long Range Wireless Receiver and RC-GZ1 Remote won't pair remote

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @jarhead6467!

We appreciate you sharing your concern about not pairing your physical remote to your Roku Streaming Stick device. We'd be happy to help you with this.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with further information such as follows:

• Is this a newly purchased device? Is this your first time activating it?
  • Is this the remote that came with your Roku Streaming Stick?
  • Have you tried to pair this by pressing the pairing button on the battery compartment?

In the meantime, you may also try to visit this support article dedicated to this: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jarhead6467
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 4K Stick 3820X2, Long Range Wireless Receiver and RC-GZ1 Remote won't pair remote

Unit was received 7/26/2024 and includes the remote, long range wireless receiver and streaming stick 4K that was delivered.  This remote unit RC-GZ1 doesn't have the pairing button that my other remotes have.  I have been able to pair this stick with other remotes.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jarhead6467, just to be clear, does the light on the remote start flashing when you press and hold Back and Home?  And, just in case you're using the wrong buttons, Back and Home are next to each other at the top of the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jarhead6467
Channel Surfer

Light is just below the power button and no the status light doesn't come on when the home and back buttons are pressed and  held for 5 seconds.  The Roku home screen appears but no control with the remote.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@jarhead6467 

Does this Roku remote have power and volume keys? If it does, is Roku TV written on it? Can you post a picture of said Roku remote? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jarhead6467
Channel Surfer

Unit came directly from Roku, has power and volume keys but no sync button in battery compartment and the top of remote above the power button is the same plastic as the rest, no shiny black covering, RC-GZ1 Voice Remote.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.