Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sueskennedy97
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro will not charge

Would anyone know how many years a voice remote pro’s rechargeable batteries last? I purchased mine Aug 10, 2021 and I plugged it in this morning and it wouldn’t charge!  I charged it for 6 hours.  It just won’t charge is there a fix or do I need a new one?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro will not charge

There's no simple answer.  If the remote has been sitting unused for a while, the battery may have discharged to the point of rendering it useless.  All rechargeable batteries have a lifetime that depends on multiple factors.  You can probably find a replacement battery on eBay if you're able to open the remote.  It's a real pain, but it just snaps together.

You can try the old reboot the remote routine by holding the pairing button for 20 seconds or pressing Home and Back simultaneously for 20 seconds, but if the battery is toast, it won't do any good.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.