Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moms3ms

Have a Onn Roku soundbar- remote not working

My original remote that came with soundbar stopped working, changed batteries, nothing blocking them either. Ordered 2 new ones that were supposed to be compatible and they aren’t working! Have tried everything on Roku site. There are no pairing buttons. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Have a Onn Roku soundbar- remote not working

Newer wifi voice remotes don't come with single pairing button, instead use combination key sequence to put in pairing mode. Press and hold the Back and Home keys for 5 seconds and release it should put in pairing mode. You original Onn Roku Soundbar remote was an IR remote, no pairing needed. And of course I don't really know what remotes you actually purchased. If you went for the cheaper $9 and $14 remotes from Roku they are the wrong remotes, only $19.99, and the two $29.99 remotes are the ones you needed. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.