Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byunkib2

Remotes stopped working for TV please help me

Jump to solution

We have 2 Ultra's and 2 Express. We purchased the enhanced remotes for the 2 Express, so all 4 Roku's have a similar remote with volume and TV control. All 4 have lost the ability to turn the tv on and off nor can they control volume. They worked fine on the TV's they are on without issue for over a year, so I know they work. We go through all the re-pairing successfully without issue but as soon as the wizard stops, the remotes ability to control the TV stops. We are very frustrated to say the least. Has anyone ever experienced this? With such a uniform issue across all devices, I was expecting to find the angry masses complaining about a recent update, but no. Nothing. We dont know how to fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remotes stopped working for TV please help me

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @byunkib2!

Thank you for letting us know about pairing a new Roku remote to your Roku Express devices. We're here to provide further information about this.

Please note that the Roku Simple remote is the only compatible remote for your Roku Express. For the other Roku players, kindly try to remove the existing paired remotes to your TV by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Remotes & devices > select all the remotes and choose forget remote. After doing so, kindly try to pair the preferred remote to your TV individually.

Additionally, you can also use the Roku mobile app for your Roku Express devices. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

For reference, we also have a support article dedicated to how to fix your Roku remote.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remotes stopped working for TV please help me

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @byunkib2!

Thank you for letting us know about pairing a new Roku remote to your Roku Express devices. We're here to provide further information about this.

Please note that the Roku Simple remote is the only compatible remote for your Roku Express. For the other Roku players, kindly try to remove the existing paired remotes to your TV by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Remotes & devices > select all the remotes and choose forget remote. After doing so, kindly try to pair the preferred remote to your TV individually.

Additionally, you can also use the Roku mobile app for your Roku Express devices. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

For reference, we also have a support article dedicated to how to fix your Roku remote.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos