Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dydy530
Reel Rookie

Remote won’t pair

The batteries in my remote died, so I switched to brand new batteries. The remote will not pair. I did all of the things suggested (took out batteries, unplugged roku, put batteries back in and held the sync button…etc). The green light never comes on. I’ve done all possible restarts multiple times. This is a new set up as this is the first time I’ve had to replace the batteries so I feel like this shouldn’t be an issue. I have my old remote and when I go to settings and remotes it says my remote is asleep, but nothing I do “wakes it up”. This is very annoying because I could just use my old remote but then I also need my tv remote for power and volume. It’s just a hassle. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote won’t pair

Can you list the model and number of the roku? Along with model number of the roku remotes? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dydy530
Reel Rookie

It’s a Roku Ultra with the voice operated remote. My old remote, which is just a standard IR remote. The old one works, but the voice you have to pair and when I hold the button the light never comes on. It had been working fine 10mins before I decided to change the batteries because they were at 0%. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @dydy530

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dydy530
Reel Rookie

Thank you. When can I expect a solution?

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @dydy530

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
dal326
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote won’t pair. Green flashing light won’t come on.

Mine is doing the same thing. Replaced old batteries and now it won’t pair. Green flashing light never comes on. Stuck on pair your remote screen on the tv

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @dal326

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of the Roku player associated with the affected remote. It can be located at the back or underneath the device itself. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Adil21
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue, the remote won't pair, and light is flashing! The SN is 26508G548274 MODEL 3810X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Adil21

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that re-pairing the remote will cause the light at the back of it to flash. We would recommend following the steps below and see if the will resolve the issue:

1. Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
  2. Wait until your Roku device displays the home screen.
  3. Restart your remote. If your remote uses standard batteries, restart your remote by removing and reinserting the batteries. If your remote is rechargeable, press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote has restarted.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote or replace the batteries.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.

For more information, you can visit this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Adil21
Reel Rookie

I tried everything and nothing worked.

it seems to me that the remote is dead; No light is coming out the remote, and the turn off button is not working, neither the pairing button. I replaced batteries, removed power cable from the stick... nothing worked. I've been trying for several weeks now.

I think I have only few options now: Either it is under warranty, and then can you please tell me how can I get a new one. If not, I have to buy another remote or another streaming device.

0 Kudos