Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: remote totally unresponsive

Jump to solution

Hi @Cutiesmom,

Great to see you in the Roku Community!

Thank you for bringing this up. I just wanted to let you know that if you have a different streaming device, such as a Cox Contour Box, connected to your Roku TV, the Roku Simple remote might not work with it because it uses an IR setup. You may need to use a physical remote to navigate that streaming player, as it runs on a different operating system. Once you've selected the input for the Cox Contour Box HDMI source, you may need to use the Cox Contour Box remote.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions. 

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cutiesmom

Jump to solution

I don't understand. How do I pair my Cox remote to the TV? If I can't pair then I can watch my DVR.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Previously you were asking how to pair a Roku remote.

To pair a Cox contour remote, check their help pages like this one:

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/pairing-or-unpairing-the-contour-remote.html

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.